Empowering the passionate home chef. Learn the skills that will change your life!
These interactive, hands-on cooking classes are tailored for curious and passionate home chefs interested in taking their present culinary artistry to new levels.
This course will emphasize the total utilization of various popular proteins, from boning/filleting to the application of key moist/dry cooking techniques as well as some interesting charcuterie preparations.
Classes are guided by Chef-Instructor Tony Minichiello, a passionate and expressive Foodie committed to connecting interesting people and meaningful food experiences. It all translates into evenings of serious adult fun!
Examples of what you will learn:
- Duck, Quail Boning, brown stock, seared duck breast, duck prosciutto, rillette, confit
- Pork sausage, tourtière, brined pork chop with apple cider sauce, cassoulet
- Whole Salmon & Trout Filleting, gravlax, meunière, olive oil poached darne, wok smoking
- Chef’s knife
- paring knife
- bench scraper/pastry scraper
- 2 hand/tea towels
- elastic for long hair
- “kitchen appropriate” footwear (closed-toe, flat heel)
Dates: Thursdays starting September 27, 2007
Times: 6:15 – 9:45 pm
Price: $550 + GST (may be purchased as a series only)